- Return and Exchange Policy
- Equipment Warranty
- Rush Production Service
- Custom Item Order Policy
- VM Customer Payment Options
Please call the Orders Department 727-577-4646 #3 for an authorization to return any item.
There are 30 days from receipt of all items purchased (except computers) to return or exchange an item for a refund or exchange credit (shipping excluded). Computers and computer packages may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of receipt for a refund or exchange.
Only the unused months of the Ident-A-Kid Visitor Management Software License are refundable. Unused months are calculated based on when the license period begins and when the customer request the refund.
API/SIF integration fee is non-refundable once integration is completed.
Any return items must be returned repackaged properly in its original box with all the original materials, including cords, adapters and documentation that were included when it was received it.
A 15% restocking fee may be applied.
Set up and Training fees are non-refundable once services are rendered.
Shipping is a non-refundable item.
Ident-A-Kid warranties all items for 30 days from invoice date. If it is past 30 days from the invoice date, you will need to refer to the manufacturer for warranty information.
To process a repair or return of a warrantied product, you must possess an original dated receipt as proof of purchase from Ident-A-Kid. If any product should be returned to Ident-A-Kid, this product should be properly packed, preferably in the original carton, for shipping. Packages not bearing a return authorization number (RMA) will be refused. After 30 days, Customer is responsible for the return shipping cost.
Manufacturer warranties listed below are guidelines. You must contact the manufacturer for more information on current validity of the warranty on your product. Manufacturer warranties are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions:
- Webcams, Signature Pads, and Computers – One Year
- Dymo Printers – Two Years
- Optical Scanners – Three years
Ident-A-Kid warranties are as follows:
- RFID Reader – Pro-rated Lifetime
- Label Supplies, RFID Keyfobs and non-custom Cards – One Year
Ident-A-Kid provides a warranty on RFID Keyfobs and non-custom RFID Cards through Ident-A-Kid for a term of 1 year from the original invoice date. This warranty does not cover any damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from any alteration, modification, improper use, abuse, and exposure to moisture, fire, lightning, power surges or other acts of nature.
Ident-A-Kid RFID readers will carry a minimum of a 1 year full warranty that begins from the date of the original invoice. This warranty does not cover any damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from any alteration, modification, improper use, abuse, and exposure to moisture, fire, lightning, power surges or other acts of nature. For the remainder of the product’s life, the customer shall pay a percentage of the list price of the reader. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only; they are nontransferable. The pro-ration example below gives the percentage of the list price that the customer shall pay to have the reader replaced under warranty.
Pro-Rated Warranty Schedule:
From the beginning of the second year to the end of the third year: 25%
From the beginning of the fourth year to the end of the fifth year: 50%
From the beginning of the sixth year for as long as owned by customer: 75%
Ident-A-Kid offers a Rush Production Service for certain products. The Rush Production Service is an optional service that would shorten the production timeline for certain items Ident-A-Kid offers. The service is offered at a cost of 10% of all hardware or $200 whichever is greater.
Examples of items the Rush Production Service is offered for:
Rush Production cost can be calculated by the Sales or Orders Departments.
Ident-A-Kid’s lead time for the above items is 2 to 3 weeks depending on the season (for example the fall “back to school” season is 3 weeks.)
The Rush Production Service lead time would be 7 business days.
Rush Production is not rush shipping, orders ship at ground shipping speed unless expedited shipping is purchased. Expedited shipping cost is calculated at the shipping providers’ rate.
Rush Production Service can be requested when receiving a quote or when placing your order by contacting the Sales or Orders Departments.
800-890-1000 opt. 4
800-890-1000 opt. 3
- Custom items must be prepaid or Ident-A-Kid must receive a purchase order for the items before a proof is created or the order is processed.
- Once the order is placed and payment or PO is received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with whatever is required for the item ordered, based on the list below:
- Custom Badges WITH a Photo – Send the photo for the badge, titled with the staff member’s name, also list the staff member’s name in the email with their job title, include the school logo and list up to two colors you would like used on the badge (i.e. a border color).
- Custom Badges WITHOUT a Photo – Send the staff member’s name and job title, include the school logo and list up to two colors you would like used on the badge (i.e. a border color).
- Custom Tardy Sign – Send any custom wording you would like on the sign (for readability keep wording 25 words or less per panel). Also send the colors you would like used and how, ex. Blue text on a white background. You can also add the school logo to the panel.
- A proof will be emailed to you within two business days
- Reply to the proof email with approval or changes.
- Custom items will ship within 2 weeks of proof approval.
*Acceptable file types for images, logo, etc. are Jpeg, PDF, Png and Tiff.
* Ident-A-Kid will not be held responsible for any errors after the proof has been approved by the customer.
Ident-A-Kid accepts only credit cards, checks and purchase orders as payments. Credit cards can be used for same day purchases online or by calling the Orders Department. Checks must be payable to: Ident-A-Kid and mailed directly to the National Office at: Ident-A-Kid, 1780 102nd Avenue N., Suite 100, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 along with the Order form or quote. Payments via TIPS Purchasing System are encouraged as well. For more information on how to purchase via TIPS, click here. If you’re making an order with a PO, you can upload that PO as payment here, send it via email to email@example.com or fax (727-576-8258) directly to us. Here’s what you need to know:
- First, contact your institution’s Purchasing Department to have an authorized PO number generated for your order. Our vendor information should be listed as: Ident-A-Kid, 1780 102nd Avenue N., Suite 100, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 and FEIN 59-2747237.
- Once you have a PO number, place your order online, and enter the PO number as payment. Under “billing address,” enter the address of the person or department responsible for paying invoices at your institution. Generally, this will be your Accounts Payable department. Upload the PO here, send it to us via fax (727-576-8258) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After your order ships, Ident-A-Kid will send an invoice to that billing address referenced on your institution’s PO number. This invoice can be paid by ACH or check. Payments terms are net 30 days from the invoice date. All payments should be submitted to Ident-A-Kid, 1780 102nd Avenue N., Suite 100, St. Petersburg, FL 33716. Please note: While we are happy to accept purchase order numbers as payment, invoices not paid within 30 days will incur a 1.5% monthly finance charge and may result in discontinuance of service until paid.